Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Last year's news....today!

I know this is already 2010....but I didn't have time to blog some of the end-of-the-year events for 2009. Besides, it's better late than never, right? Every year after the boys' birthdays it always seems to get a little crazy for us....with all the holidays and everything that comes with them! For Fall, Zachary and Zane both had their own pumpkin to design. I think they both came out great and I'm sure from the picture you would agree with me....and we even roasted the pumpkin seeds, which are always yummy! We had a fall festival at church and Zane dressed up like G.I. Joe - or his version, at least! So of course, I had to take pictures of him....Zachary informed me that he was 'too old' to dress up for the event! My oldest baby is growing up! *sigh* We also had a great Thanksgiving, so much to be thankful for....thankful that we were able to spend time with family, just visiting and eating. We also had a church Christmas banquet at TLC and I managed to snap a picture of the good looking guys in my life before they ate and got food all over them....lol j/k! But I was so proud of how good my guys really looked....the picture speaks for itself! Next was Christmas, and we had a great time celebrating with family and believe it or not, Christmas day ended up being somewhat white for us Texans....and yes, I do mean we actually had some snow! Not that it lasted but we did wake up to a light dusting of snow on the ground, and that's about as close as we get to having a white Christmas...so I won't complain! We celebrated Chrismas Eve with Ron's family and had such a great time! We ate, talked, ate, played Karaoke, ate, opened gifts...well, you get the picture! Then Christmas day was at our home with my parents and it was very enjoyable too. We opened gifts, played games, and ate all day long!! It was a great time being able to enjoy those that we love the most and all of us being healthy....that's just one reason to celebrate Christmas! The other reason being the celebration of the birth of Jesus! He is the true reason for the season! I'm so blessed beyond measure to have Jesus as the center of my life....and the life that He has given back to me is so amazing! He blessed me with a loving husband and two of the most amazingly wonderful boys in the whole wide world!! Thank you Jesus for my gifts! CHRIST-mas wouldn't be Christmas if we didn't take the time to celebrate the real reason!! After reflecting back on some of our memories for last year, it makes me realize that we need to cherish every moment we get with the ones we love because once that moment is gone we will never get a second chance to make it memorable...I'm so glad I have these wonderful memories with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment